Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chinese New Year CIP Event - Toa Payoh Care Corner Senior Activity Centre



























































































































1 comment:

  1. On that day, I spent some time speaking to an old lady in her wheelchair. I discovered that she rarely participates in the activities organised by the centre. The reason is that she couldn't get help to get to the ground floor.

    Apart for not being able to join the rest of the members for activity, she is often alone since her daughter works and can't keep her company most of the time.

    I feel sad for her and will keep her in mind when we have events at the same venue. I will ensure that we make it a point to help her to the ground floor.

    However for that day, I was glad that we managed to wheel her down to join us. She expressed her gratitude and thanks to us repeatedly.

    It was great making a difference in somebody's life even just for a day.

    ReplyDelete